Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Moving and Shaking!!!! Oh Man.......

This has been a very eventful week at the Gomez house. Zuri has been able to scoot around pretty well (she has been working on this skill for a few weeks now) it keeps me BUSY!!! 

But this week the little stinker thinks she needs to be BIG and get into everything. 
She can now go from sitting to scooting. This was a big step we used to be able to sit her down and she would just stay where we put her. Eldon would say it was like she was on her own little island and she couldn't go anywhere!! NO LONGER, this little girl goes everywhere and fast.

She has this toy hammer, oh man watch out, she takes it with her everywhere!!



She is our little THOR baby!!


Another first for this week, pulling herself up!!! Good Crap where has my baby gone?
She hasn't perfected this skill yet, but oh man is she working on it.
To aid in helping with less injury as she learns this skill and others she is working on like walking the length of the couch I laid some carpet down.

This is Village living at it's best!! 
I had the carpet from 240 and a rug that put together has covered our basement (we spend most of our time here) I wanted a little buffer from the hard wood floor and her head. 
As you can see it is BEAUTIFUL!! lol


She can pull herself up, but poor little midgy is too short to reach all the toys in the bottom of the box!! 
But isn't she so stinking cute trying to get them?

I have been trying to follow through with some of my Pinterest projects this week. I have made cake stands, and fruit holders. So when El came to me with a sliver in his foot, I thought oh man I pinned something about this. I got online and checked it out. I made a paste of baking soda and water and put it on his foot. Then I waited.........
While I was waiting for the sliver to pop out I remembered that if you wash your face with baking soda and water it is supposed to get rid of black heads. So while I was at it, and my poor hubby was laying on the couch I pounced!!! ha ha  I think I am a puma. 

Needless to say it didn't work on the foot or the face. but I had fun slathering his face with paste :)

I did have a few successes from the Pinterest today. For our family party I brought dessert and a side dish. I made Cherry White Chocolate Pudding Cookies, Double Chocolate Coca Cola Cake, and a BLT pasta salad. I would make them all again, they were tasty.

The next couple of weeks are packed and I am so excited for them. This Saturday one of my best friends is being sealed to the 5 children she just adopted last week. A week from today Dad goes in for a heart procedure, Two days after that my sweet cousin is getting married, And the next day is our 6 year anniversary and we head out for Oregon!! I am SO excited.


Lots of goodness is coming. I will try and remember to take some good pictures :)

Love- M

No comments:

Post a Comment